Some useful links grouped by topic (I guess)
This is intended to be a useful list for people who are interested in learning programming with free resources. It is expanding with time.
Free Online Full Stack Web Dev Courses
Full stack web dev is fairly big topic, commonly tought not in one course, but in many. At the moment, I know only two sites that provide a full curriculum from beginner to employable:
There are also some programmes from MOOC providers that claim to cover the whole spektrum of full stack web development. They are usually composed out of some smaller courses. I do not know them very well and provide only a list of those that I find. If I know more about one of them, I will probably write something about it.
- Ruby on Rails Web Development Specialization by the John Hopkins University covers the full stack with HTML/CSS/JS (with Angular as a front end framework) in the front and Ruby on Rails in the back end. The front end courses can also be studied independent of the back end courses.
- Full Stack Web Developer Nanodegree by Amazon Web Sevices, Github, AT&T and Google.
All of these are “Specializations”(Coursera) or “Nanodegrees”(Udacity), which require some payment, but the courses that are part of them are mostly also available in a free version.
- Learn Python The Hard Way
- Learn to Program and Analyze Data with Python) a specialization on coursera.org. The teacher is Charles Severance from the University of Michigan (mostly called Dr. Chuck online).
- Fun Programming - video tutorials to learn creative coding(Processing)
- The Nature of Code(Processing)
CS 50 (x)
- CS50 on EDx
- CS50xHelpers - “a website built by students of CS50 course to help other students”
- CS50 on Stackexchange
- CS50 on Reddit
- The Manual for the CS50 Library